The Beer and Cider festival has raised thousands of pounds for local charities and people in need within the local Shirley area, all profits from the festival are fed into the Shirley Round Table charitable trust, and it’s sister group, Shirley Ladies Circle (see links on the menu).
Other charity fundraisers we conduct include the Shirley Donkey Derby and the December Santa’s Sleigh around Shirley.
Some of the charities and causes which we have supported recently include:
- The Lily Mae Foundation (Memory packages for bereaved parents)
- Shirley Scouts (Building works)
- Reynolds Cross School
- Cycling Without Age (Trishaw for use at residential homes in the area)
- Solihull Childrens Services (Teenagers in care at Christmas)
- West Midlands Police (Christmas hampers for victims of crime)
- St Johns Ambulance (Garage upgrades)
- Earlswood Village Hall (New chairs to enable larger events)
- And many more…